Employee Levels and Cost in Mayor’s First Term
During the first term of the Walsh Administration, Boston city-funded employees increased by 353 to 17,335. At the same time, personnel expenditures increased by $356.9 million or 20%, outpacing the government inflation index of 3.0%.
- Where did the growth in Boston’s city workforce occur during the first term of the Walsh Administration?
- How big a share of the City’s budget is spending for employee salaries and benefits? ?
- What has been the impact on the cost of employee benefits?
- What has been the trend in state and federally funded positions?
- What is the financial impact of employee growth?
The answers to these questions and more can be found in our latest Special Report.